Long Paper Sessions
Session 1 (Thursday 28th, Morning): Physics-based simulations
- Physically-based Human Neck Simulation, Zhiping Luo (Utrecht University, The Netherlands)
- Physically-Based Character Skinning, Crispin Deul (TU Darmstadt, Germany)
- Tridiagonal Matrix Formulation for Inextensible Hair Strand Simulation, Dongsoo Han (AMD, CA, USA).
Session 2 (Thursday 28th, Afternoon): Parallel and GPU computation
- Connective tissues simulation on GPU, Julien Bosman (Lille1 University, France).
- Parallel Collision Detection in Constant Time, Rene Weller (University of Bremen, Germany)
- Multilevel Cloth Simulation using GPU Surface Sampling, Martin Knuth (TU Darmstadt, Germany).
Session 3 (Friday 29th, Morning): Mathematics, Software coupling
- Exploring the Use of Adaptively Restrained Particles for Graphics Simulations, Pierre-Luc Manteaux (INRIA Grenoble, France)
- RPI-MATLAB-Simulator: A tool for efficient research and practical teaching in multibody dynamics, Jedediyah Williams (RPI, Troy NY, US).
- Rethinking Shortest Path: An Energy Expenditure Approach, Christos Mousas (University of Sussex, UK).
Work In Progress Sessions
Session 1 (Thursday 28th, Afternoon): VR Simulator and Prototypes
- Virtual Reality-based Surgical Simulator for the Training of Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy,
Thomas Knott (Aachen University, Germany).
- Simulation for Intracranial Aneurysm Clipping,
L. Thines (Inserm Thiais, France).
- Optimization of Cryoprobe Positioning for Tumor Ablation in Interventional Radiology,
Hugo Talbot (INRIA Lille, France).
- Interactive Authoring of Simulation-Ready Plants,
Yili Zhao and Jernej Barbic (University of Southern California, CA, USA)
Session 2 (Friday 29th, Morning): Tools for Imaging and Simulation
- A Nonlinear Minimum Residual Method for Position Based Dynamics,
Mihai Francu (Politehnica University Bucharest, Romania).
- Interactive Space Deformation for the Simulation of Ultrasound B-Mode Images,
Yuen C. Law (Aachen University, Germany).
- Multi-criteria adaptation of physical simulations,
F. Caillaud / X. Faure / F. Zara / F. Jaillet / J-M Moreau (LIRIS, Lyon).
- Parameter IDentification in the Context of Catheter Navigation,
François Dervaux (Lille1 University, France).